Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour in 5 Days / morocco desert
Enjoy the breathtaking sceneries of the south of Morocco in this marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour in 5 Days / morocco desert, with its Atlas Mountains, gorges, green valleys, old Kasbah, Oasis and sand dunes. Travel along the road of 1001 Kasbahs and the Valley of the roses and get to know about berber people and their lifestyle. During this 5 days morocco desert tour, you will taste and explore The best known desert towns of Merzouga and Zagora
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait benhadou – Ouarzazate – Skoura – Dades gorge
You will be collected from your lodging in Marrakech, hotel or Riad in the medina, transport via the famous High Atlas Mountains chain and crossing the Tizi N Tichka pass 2260m, highest of Morocco.
You will be amazed by the wonderful views of the surrounding landscapes and Berber villages, arriving at the UNESCO world Heritage of the Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs where you will be taken on a walking tour to get a hold of its background as well as its history of being one of the most targeted places of shooting many glorious movies such as the Queen Of The Desert, Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia… The next stop will be Ouarzazate; A city called Hollywood of Africa; where you will be spending the first night of you 5 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert round trip.
Day 2: Dades – Todra gorge – Risani – Merzouga
After breakfast, you will continue your 5 day journey to the Sahara desert of Merzouga, via Draa valley crossing the volcanic rocky formations of the Anti Atlas Mountains to Agdez and Tamnougalt. You will then drive through Nkob, a small Berber town known for its numerous Kasbahs and as the access point to trek through Saghro Mountains to Dades. Heading further more to one of main desert destinations, Erg Chebbi desert, where you will take a camel trek to head to the camp assisting the sunset on the way over the sand dunes, you will enjoy your dinner and spend the night in the tented camp.
Day 3: Merzouga sightseeing tour and Camel ride
Wake up early in the morning, to enjoy the views of the sunrise over the sand dunes before you take your breakfast, ride back the camels to the Auberge at the dune line to freshen up, and then choose to leave for an off-road discovery of the surrounding villages such as Hassi Labied, Khamlia where a lot of dark skinned musicians known for their love of the Gnawa music that came originally from Sub-Saharan countries.Or relax next to the pool overlooking the dunes, alternatively you can visit the local market in Rissani and why not an hour ATV Quad biking in the dunes to end up your day.
Day 4: Merzouga – Draa Valley – Zagora
After breakfast, you meet up with your driver then make your journey back from the desert to Dades valley with stops in
- Erfoud city known for the fossilized rocks
- the Todra Gorges
You can do a leisure walk in the palmary for a couple of hours with a local guide ro visit the old Jewish district in Tinghir. If you choose to overnight in Skoura, you will drive through the valley of roses and the road of 1000 Kasbahs otherwise you be heading to your hotel in Dades valley for the night.
Day 5: Ouarzazate – Telouet – Atlas Mountains – Marrakech
After breakfast, you will leave to Marrakech, passing through Kelaa Mgouna, the city of roses and Skoura palmary before you are back to Ouarzazate. we will cross the Tichka pass to end up in Marrakech. You can choose to make more stops on the ways such as to visit a purification unit of rose water or cinema sets nearby Ouarzazate or make your own way back to Marrakech. You might also want to end your tour in Essaouira or elsewhere on request.
Cancellation / Prepayment
Included in the trip
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Overnight in Dades Gorge in a traditional hotel
- 2 x overnights in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, Hotel & bedouin tents +
- Camel Trekking for sunset and sunrise
- Overnight in Zagora in a traditional hotel
- Dinner and Breakfast are daily included
- Free time to explore the sites, Breaks for photos,..Etc
- Entrance fees to monuments, studios and Kasbahs
- Good to Know
- Please note:if a long Camel trek and overnight stay in the camp is not for you you can still enjoy the sunnset in Erg Chebbi with a schorter camel trek or a walk and pass the night in the Hotel at the dune line. If the itineraries that we offer does not match what you are looking for ,contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
Cancellation / prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to tour type. Please check our booking terms
- When booking for more than 12 persons, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- Travel along the road of 1001 Kasbahs, draa Valley and experience the magic of the sahara
Round trip distance
- 5 days 4 nights
- Car, Camels
- En, De, Sp, Fr
- 8 AM
Pick up place
- Your accommodation