3 DAYS IN MERZOUGA, AIT BENHADOU, DADES & TODRA GORGES
Merzouga is ideally situated at 40km from Erfoud & 40km from Rissani, known by its magical & highest dunes in Moroccan Sahara desert, on last few years, it became one of the most visited places in the southern Morocco combined with tours around the high Atlas Mountains or the imperial cities, it allow travelers to see the sun shine & sun set, we let you discover it yourselves on your own way. ” 3 DAYS IN MERZOUGA, AIT BENHADOU, DADES & TODRA GORGES ”
- the high Atlas Mountains and the imperial cities,
- Sahara tours allow travelers to see stunning sun sets and sunrises by camel,
- enjoy a magnificent display of the stars in the night sky and experience the amazing hospitality,
- cooking and traditional way of life of the local Berber people
Day 1 : Marrakech – Ait Benhadou – Ouarzazate – Todra Gorges
Departure from Marrakech at 7:00am on minibus & traveling over the Atlas Mountains, cross Tizi n’Tichka (2260m) the highest road mountain pass in Morocco, we enjoy spectacular views of the surroundings areas including the zigzagging road.
On the way to Ouarzazate, we have a visit to fortified & famous Ksars & Kasbahs of Aït Benhaddou. Continue the way & cross Ouarzazate & enjoy the beauty of Valley of the Roses & Kellat Mgouna, leave the main road and drive to Dades valley, visit and then continue through the small city of Tinghir to magnificent of Todra Gorges. Overnight at the hotel/Riad.
Day 2 : Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi.
After breakfast at the hotel, visit of the Todra gorges and then way to Merzouga through several beautiful desert towns
- arrival to Merzouga
Get ready for the camel trek from Merzouga to Erg Chebbi (2hrs), overnight at the nomadic camp in the heart of the highest dunes in Morocco (150m), possibility to see the sunset Berber dinner, perhaps a little entertainment and drum party, You can choose to sleep under the stars or in tents at our desert camp
Day 3 : Erg Chebbi – Merzouga – Alnif – Tazzarine – Agdez – Ouarzazate – Marrakech.
Wake up early to enjoy the views of sunrise in the desert, after breakfast, join the Camels again to ride back by a different way over the dunes to return to our waiting vehicle at Merzouga, way through Alnif, Tazzarine & a part of the long Draa valley before arriving to Agdez and then continue to Marrakech via Ouarzazate & Tizi n’Tichka pass (2260m). arrival to Marrakech around 8pm.
- Transport during the trip
- A local guide
- Lunches during the trip
- 1 night at a Hotel in Dades ( HB)
- 1 night at a camp in Merzouga ( HB)
- Camel riding
Cancellation / Prepayment
- 4x4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1overnight camping on the Erg Chebbi Dunes (Breakfast & Dinner included)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- 1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges (Breakfast & Dinner included)
- Travel insurance
- Soft drinks
- Mineral water
- tips, etc.
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits)
Accepted credit cards
- 1st night : in a hotel in Dades gorges either in Hotel Babylon or Hotel Dar Essayaha or similar
- 2nd night : Overnight camping on the dunes ( Nomadic tents)